BOLEX MODEL C
- CONSTRUCTION: Grey enamel finish
- REEL CAPACITY: Reel arms accommodate 400 ft reels.
- THREADING: Manual threading and loop forming of film.
- POWER: Runs on 110v AC or DC power supply.
- LAMP: 250w or 400w lamp; Side located lamp housing reflects light at a 90 degree angle and through the lens.
- LENS: Interchangeable lenses
- SPEED: 16 frames per second; Reverse and still projection; Rapid motor rewind.
- OTHER FEATURES: Direct draft ventilation and cooling of lamp; Adjustable base with tilting screws for proper alignment of projected image;
Notes and Comments
The C, D and P model projectors shared a similar construction and appearance. Different models were available to project either 16mm (Model C) or 9.5mm film (Model P), as well as a dual film format (Model D).
The model C was the first of the series and designed to project 16mm film. Several advertisements from the early 1930s list the price at $99 US; expensive at the time, but much cheaper than the Model G series which later sold for over $200 when it was introduced.